Experience a National Celebration of Canadian culture in Ontario’s most beautiful town.
Culture lovers will discover more than their fair share of artistic exhibits and performances during fall in Stratford. During the town’s celebration of Canadian Culture Days, visitors can experience countless free activities and performances that represent the communities and talent that define our nation.
Learn about art, culture and history by exploring exhibits that showcase Canadian art, landscapes and other creative expressions that artists evoke to celebrate Canada.
Starting September 29 through to October 1, visitors to Stratford can visit multiple locations within the town from morning until the evening to hear from local artists and participate in activities that will be fun for the whole family.
Stratford Culture Days Events
There are more than 40 activities taking place throughout the weekend, and each of the unique events will let you see a different nuance of Canadian culture. Some of the events include:
- An exhibit of Encaustic paintings described as “magical wonderlands” in the Stratford Tourism Alliance building
- On Saturday evening, guests can experience the opening of the Canadian Landscape Exhibition, featuring more than 20 artists, at Stratford’s Agora Gallery
- From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, the First Nations community will host a Hoop Dance
- Heritage carriage rides will take place Saturday and Sunday
- The Stratford Strings Academy will perform Friday evening
- There will also be kid-friendly events such as the Orchestra “petting zoo”, the Festival Puppet Tea Party and DYI Face Painting for Fun
Plan your Weekend in Stratford
Discover a full list and descriptions of the activities via the Canadian Culture Days list of events to discover what most interests you. Make the most of this amazing Canadian celebration by staying overnight in Stratford. The Parlour Inn is centrally located in the heart of the town, so you’ll get to enjoy award-winning dining, a relaxing spa atmosphere and elegant accommodations in between the hustle and bustle of activity.
One of the benefits of Stratford’s intimate setting is that you can easily walk to most of the event spaces from The Parlour Inn. So, come and enjoy a totally Canadian weekend in one of the region’s most picturesque spots. You won’t be disappointed, eh?